FENNVILLE, MICHIGAN
View 1873  or  1913 map or 1999 photo
...
Incorporated as a Village on February 20, 1889

The first president of the brand new village of Fennville was Frank S. Raymond, a native of Goshen, Indiana who had come to Pier Cove with his parents in 1867 You can see on the map that he had purchased several acres of land along the railroad.

Raymond served as president until his death on November 6, 1897. Stephen Atwater was appointed his successor.

The subject of this web site is the Hutchins Family. Horace Hutchins married Lissetta Walter, daughter of David Walter who owned a shoe store. Walter Street was named for David Walter. Elam Atwater Fenn's home up on the hill by the water tower, was last lived in by C. Elmer Hutchins and an old house it was. The street to the new grade schools is there now. It looks like all the school property was once owned by Mr. Fenn.


From books by Kit Lane       -       Go To: Fennville History Page