The OLD New Richmond AUTO BRIDGE
1915 - Click image for more old photos

This bridge was built in 1899  - a previous was built in 1879
The first was built by Ralph Mann in 1842, being the only bridge between Allegan and LaKe Michigan.


.............................................................



A 1956
ANTIQUE AUTO TOUR
 CROSSING THE
NEW RICHMOND BRIDGE


Vern took these photos
 with the Argus C3 Camera
he purchased
while stationed
in Norfolk in 1954


click car to view
5 CARS
IN MORE DETAIL


Bridge still used in 1992

....


Vern's photo at turn of the century


 
The bridge has been made the center of a new park  -  Click Photo Below

You can see the Rail Road Bridge in the background

VIEW PARK: MASTER PLAN

TURNING THE BRIDGE

   

There is this Under Pass at the North end of the auto Bridge


Vern has driven through here many times on his way to Holland
It allows One-Way traffic only


The bridge was built in 1907

Go To: New Richmond Page