In the early 1920's the first refrigerated fountain in the state if Michigan was installed. In 1924 Duncan was given the chance to buy the store but did not have the money. James Bale of the "Fennville Fruit Exchange", came to the rescue. Weaver ran the store for more than a decade and sold it to Lorenzo Crane, who also worked in the store. Crane did not do well. In a few rears it reverted to Weaver who sold it to Charles G. King of Kalamazoo.